Friday 24 May 2013

Couple of runs along the canal and one round Hinckley

Monday 20-May-2013 - After having the weekend off running to recover I still felt a few aches and pains but nothing too bad. The weather was overcast but muggy when I arrived at Sutton Cheney Wharf. I got myself ready and headed off. There were a couple of coaches that arrived at Bosworth Heritage Centre so there were a few guided tours that I had to negotiate around through Ambion Wood.

I managed to get into a nice steady pace along the canal footpath and kept my breathing nice and steady. There were not many people that I had to pass so I could just concentrate on the pace and breathing until I got to the Bosworth Bridge. I always find it is the homeward journey back that I just can not get back in to a nice pace and keep it, I have to run as much as I can and break into a walk until I have recovered enough to carry on, this will have to be work in progress.

Garmin Connect - Sutton Cheney Wharf, Ambion Wood, Canal, Bosworth



Wednesday 22-May-2013 - I had been feeling tired after not having a very good sleep, I must have had between 3 and 4 hours. Somehow I also missed having breakfast and on top of that my legs still ached, so I was not feeling my best.

I started the run off with a slow steady pace as I was thinking it all about the miles which equates to more calories to lose. I got my breathing sorted out and kept a nice deep slow breathing pattern while listening to music on my iPod.

I arrived at the Bosworth Bridge in reasonably good shape so decided that instead of turning back and walking for a bit I would try and see how far I can run back. To my amazement I only stopped a few times on the journey back, so I am wondering how I have achieved this when all the cards were stacked against me with the lack of sleep, no breakfast and achy legs.

When I got back I noticed (on Endomondo) that I was just 10 seconds away from reaching my 10k personal best time, which has left me feeling a little frustrated. I am now wondering how long it will be before I get to the point where I can beat the time.

Garmin Connect - Sutton Cheney Wharf, Ambion Wood, Canal, Bosworth



Friday 24-May-2013 - Today has been very windy and quite a bit of rain, so I thought it would be a bit too adventurous to do 8 miles along the canal. I thought it would be better to just run around the block if the weather breaks. Well the weather did calm down a bit so I thought ‘let’s do it’. I got ready and went out looking up at the sky, there was a massive black cloud coming my way, I didn’t think too much more about it and set off.

This route just goes around the block in an anti-clockwise direction which is a good 5k. The route consist of a short hill followed by a long gradual hill which really becomes challenging to keep on running without breaking into a walk. If you make it up the gradual hill there is a nice gradual descent afterwards which gives you a bit of a breather, but not today as there was a head wind I was running in to and it started to rain. I managed to run all the way around without stopping which I have only done once before which was a long time ago, so I was quite pleased.

I managed to do some personal bests:
Cooper (12 minutes) – 1.37 Miles
3 Miles – 27m: 34s
5K – 28m: 36s

Run around Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment