Friday 17 May 2013

3 runs the same along the Ashby de la Zouch canal


Monday 13-May-2013 – This run was very similar to the last run which was on Friday along the Ashby de la Zouch canal, the only difference was that I extended the run to the Bosworth Bridge. The extra distance made the total run 8 miles.
 
I had the usual problems along the canal of running over the pot holes and up and down, but I felt I managed to keep at a nice running pace and control the breathing more this time. I really felt like I was in the zone this time and managed to run without stopping all the way to the Bosworth Bridge. I also managed to do less walking on the way back to Sutton Cheney Wharf as well, I can’t explain why I felt like this as I just can’t put my finger on it.

I managed to do some Personal Bests:
3 Miles – 28m:51s
5k – 29m:50s
10k – 1h:00m:52s
1 Hour – 9.87km (6.13 Miles)

Garmin Connect - Sutton Cheney Wharf, Ambion Wood, Canal, Bosworth



Wednesday 15-May-2013 – Todays run was the same as the previous run on Monday. I found it very hard going indeed, my legs ached from start until finish. I just found it very difficult to get in to a nice running pace and my breathing was quite heavy from start until finish, I must have sounded like a train.

I think what didn’t help was that I was still buzzing with achieving all the personal best times and I really wanted to improve on my 10k time from Monday, what I did was set my Garmin’s virtual partner at 6mph. I thought if I can keep to 6mph that will not be too far off getting my 10k time under an hour, this kind of blew me out on the first couple of miles. I think what I will take away from this is to keep to a pace that I can naturally run to and slow down if needed and speed up if I feel comfortable, for me it is really all about putting in the mileage to burn the calories as I am trying to lose some weight.

My legs are now in a lot of pain, so I am hoping that I have not over done it for Fridays run which I will aim to do the same route again.

Garmin Connect - Sutton Cheney Wharf, Ambion Wood, Canal, Bosworth


 
Friday 17-May-2013 – This time I managed to run all the way to the Bosworth Bridge without stopping which is my main goal until I am comfortable with it. Two miles into the run along the canal footpath I could really feel my legs becoming heavy and aching. I carried on going trying to keep to a steady pace but my legs were just getting worse.

On the way back I had to go into a walk as the pain was becoming unbearable and I found it hard to concentrate on my breathing. It felt like the miles went by very slowly and I just couldn’t wait to get back to the car for it all to be over. When I got back to the car I just collapsed into the seat, my legs were aching so much I just had to sit at Sutton Cheney Wharf for half an hour to let my legs recover while watching the canal boats and ducks go by.

Somehow I managed to get a couple of personal bests, it certainly was not through trying:
1Km – 5m:04s
1 Mile – 8m:34s

No comments:

Post a Comment