Thursday 31 May 2012

Another week with a 5 mile run aborted

Today has been fairly hot all day and especially in an office with no air conditioning. I came home and opened all the windows as usual. After I got ready the temperature had come down to 26c (79f), so I started the run with a 5 minute walk as normal.

When the Garmin beeped I knew it was time to speed up and start the run, I wanted to keep the pace steady as my goal is to finish the distance rather than get the time down. After a couple of miles had gone by I checked the way I was landing, breathing, posture, heart rate and started to take on board some water, I was feeling good at this stage.

I was in the zone and listening to a Formula 1 podcast, they were talking about the Monaco Grand Prix. Every so often I would take a sip of water to keep me going. Once I had been running for 30 minutes I started to get very hot, I took some more sips of water swishing it around the mouth trying to cool down. This had not made much difference and I could only last another 7 minutes until I just had to call it a day.

I am now left feeling fairly fed up as this was just down to it being way too hot in the room. I am now wondering if this should be the last attempt at running further than 5k before my holiday as I only have 2 week to go before I fly out to Santorini (Greek Island), I really don’t want to have aches and pains while I am there.

Garmin Connect - Treadmill - 5 Mile (Did Not Finish)

I have put both of these runs together mainly because they were fairly uneventful. Even though the temperature in the room has been fairly hot, I have still been able to do these runs easily which is reflected on the Garmin Connect uploads.

I have noticed when comparing these runs to other runs of last week and a few weeks ago that my heart rate has fallen as well as the calories burnt.

My maximum heart rate was 162bpm (88%), while the average rate was 137bpm (74%). Calories burnt was 458c.

Garmin Connect - Treadmill - 5k (Run 1)

Garmin Connect - Treadmill - 5k (Run 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment