Monday 8 July 2013

A mixed week with some Personnal Bests.

Monday 01-July-2013 – I found todays run quite an ordeal, my legs were not fully recovered as my knees ached a bit which was putting me off. I could get in to a steady running pace but just could not sort out the breathing, my heart rate was also high.

I gave the run the best I could and felt happy that I had achieved it considering that I did not want to go out for a run, but on the other hand it felt like a dreadful run as nothing seemed to come together. I was very tired over the run and was just glad when the ordeal was over.

I was very surprised to find out that I had gained some personal best times, so perhaps the day was a success after all.

I managed to do some personal bests:
Copper (12 mins) – 1.44 Miles (2.33km)
1 hour – 6.44 Miles (10.38km)
1 Mile – 8m: 04s
10k – 57m: 24s




Wednesday 03-July-2013 – Today I had no aches or pains which was a really nice feeling that does not happen very often so far. I started off at the usual steady pace and managed to get my breathing pattern sorted out fairly quickly, this made the run seem just that little bit easier. I found myself wondering if I should have put a light jacket on as I was feeling a bit chilly.

I found that keeping the breathing at a nice steady pace along the canal helped me to run at a slightly higher pace than normal. When I got to the Bosworth Bridge I still felt knackered as usual though.
I had to part walk up the hill that leads in to Market Bosworth, I suppose the run along the canal took it out of me more than I thought. Once I was at the top of the hill I got back into my steady running pace and tried to keep it there as long as I could.

By the time I got back I was really pleased to be able to sit down and relax, the run really took it out of me. When I logged on to Endomondo from my computer at home I realised why the run took so much out of me, I managed to get 6 personal bests.

I managed to do some personal bests:
Copper (12 mins) – 1.48 Miles (2.39km)
1 hour – 6.48 Miles (10.43km)
1 Mile – 7m: 57s
3 Mile – 25m: 47s
5k – 26m: 40s
10k – 57m: 12s




Friday 05-July-2013 – The day was very warm as the temperature was around 27c. My goal was to do half a marathon (13.1 miles), so I knew that breaking any personal bests would be out of the window straight away. It was all about getting in a nice pace and keep the breathing controlled and my heart rate down to around 150bpm.

I started off with the right mind set and got straight into a nice steady pace, I looked at the Garmin to find that I was not much slower than I normally am but I felt comfortable. Running through Ambion Wood and along the canal felt OK at the pace I was going, I still was running quicker than I thought I would be but the pace felt okay. I was controlling my breathing but the heart rate was up to 160bpm.
I had a short walk from the canal on to the bridge which gave me a bit of a breather as the heart rate had recovered a bit, just as well as I have to run up a hill that leads in to Market Bosworth. I managed to get half way up the hill and I had to fall back in to a walk, my breathing was all over the pace and I felt knackered. The sun was beating down and was not helping at all, I know we should not moan about the heat in this country.

Once I got to the top of the hill I got back into my running pace and sorted out my breathing. I ran through Market Bosworth square which was fairly busy with school kids, luckily most of them kept out of the way. I ran down a single track road and seemed to get my second wind, it just felt like I had not run far.

By the time I got to the Bosworth Battlefield centre I felt quite tired and I was feeling the toll of the distance and running in the heat. I rejoined the canal and knew at this point that I was not going to be able to complete a half a marathon distance. I carried on the route to the finish and was glad to see the gate where I normally finish, I was just so knackered.


No comments:

Post a Comment