Friday 19 April 2013

Running through the winter

I have been running around the local block which is 5k and found that I couldn’t complete without stopping and more importantly I was coming back with injuries most of the time.

I started the Couch to 5k to get myself in a programme which I could follow without over training. I have gone through January, February, and March, doing the programme and just can’t get past Week 6. I have found the couple of hills just too much and feel this is now stopping my progress. I am also getting a little fed up of the route now and feel I need a different route to keep me interested.

Over the course of the winter I have also put weight on and have now got to 14 stone, which is 1.5 stone overweight. This is really down to eating too much of the fattening foods and also not enough exercise to burn it off.

The goal now is to find another route that I can put in to my routine and eat a bit healthier to drop the weight down bit. I am hoping this will keep me motivated more than I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment